[Tutor] Smart posting - Was: Re: Tutor Digest, Vol 80, Issue 11

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sun Oct 3 02:11:40 CEST 2010

"Edward Lang" <edwardlang at optonline.net> wrote

As the standard header advice says in the very mail that you posted:

>>When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
>>than "Re: Contents of Tutor digest..."

And also....

>>Today's Topics:
>>
>>   1. Re: Connecting my users (Timo)
>>   2. Re: data question (Alan Gauld)
>>   3. Re: data question (Roelof Wobben)
>>   4. Re: data question (Roelof Wobben)
>>   5. Re: data question (Roelof Wobben)
>>   6. Re: data question (Robert Berman)
>>   7. Re: Coin Toss Problems (bob gailer)

Please, do not post the entire digest.
We don't have time to wade through it looking for the few lines
you may have added or commented upon.

You have a delete key. Please use it.

And while I'm having a rant, please do not top-post.
(I don;t know if you are guilty of this particular crime
because I couldn't see any new content in your mail,
but it is a common problem...)
Cut out everything but what is relevant and post your
comments underneath. I know it's contrary to normal
business practice but it's a lot easier to work with on
a busy mailing list.

Thankyou,

--
Alan Gauld