[Tutor] subprocess.call warning

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Tue Oct 5 00:40:19 CEST 2010

On Mon, 4 Oct 2010 05:42:16 pm Norman Khine wrote:

> >> the first calls the 'sox' library which joins all the .wav files
> >> into one file and then i use the 'wav2swf' library to create a SWF
> >> output of the file.
> >>
> >> can the code be improved?
> >
> > Code can always be improved :-) What do you consider an
> > improvement? Easy to maintain in the future? Faster? Smaller?
>
> to make it faster.

Faster???

Given that you are manipulating multiple wav files and joining them
together into a swf file, I can't believe that you seriously believe
that the Python code is likely to be the bottleneck. If it takes ten
seconds to process the wav files into a swf file, who cares if you
speed the Python code up from 0.02 seconds to 0.01 seconds?

But I could be wrong... I look forward to seeing the profiling results
from your code.

--
Steven D'Aprano