[Tutor] WRITING XLS FROM OS.WALK()

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Sun Oct 10 04:19:18 CEST 2010

On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 03:59:26 am Emile van Sebille wrote:
> On 10/8/2010 8:55 PM Steven D'Aprano said...
>
> > I'm sorry to tell you that you've just reinvented the wheel. This
> > was already solved, a long, long time ago. It is called the glob
> > module:
>
> Only if glob now descends into the file system... which is why you'd
> choose os.walk instead.

Do you mean you want to point at a single directory and have it search
any and all subdirectories, no matter how deeply nested? Well, yes,
that would be a good use-case for os.walk, and yes, I completely missed
it, so I withdraw my comment that Susana had re-invented the wheel.

Mea culpa, sorry Susana for any confusion I caused.

--
Steven D'Aprano