[Tutor] Zip Command

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Thu Oct 14 09:14:40 CEST 2010

<delegbede at dudupay.com> wrote

> Does window os have a zip command for python like linux and unix.
> If yes, please what is it.

Yes, zip

> If no, please what does it use to create a zip folder.

But the zip command does nmot create a "zip folder" - in fact I'm
not even sure what you mean by a zip folder. I know about zip
files but not zip folders... To create zip files you need to use
the zipfile module.

> I am working on an example in byte of python but the
> zip command is from linux but I use windows.

The zip commansd is a standard command and is used for
joining two lists. The zipfile module is a standard module that
should work across platforms.

But I have no idea which you are referring to from Byte of Python,
sorry.

HTH,

--
Alan Gauld