[Tutor] What does "TypeError: 'int' object is not iterable" mean?

col speed ajarncolin at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 11:28:23 CEST 2010

> Message: 7
> Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 21:48:29 -0700
> From: "Richard D. Moores" <rdmoores at gmail.com>
> To: "Steven D'Aprano" <steve at pearwood.info>
> Cc: tutor at python.org
> Subject: Re: [Tutor] What does "TypeError: 'int' object is not
>        iterable"       mean?

> It's great to have you chime in, Steven. I do wish you would stop
> pulling your punches, however. ;)
>
> <-snip>
> I've never seen that convention, but I'll try to follow it.
>

> > (BTW, I really hate the name "floatt". It makes me think you're
> > stuttering.)
>
> I'll use "x" instead. Anything you'd like to say about the rest of the
> script?
>
> Thanks, Steven.
>
> Dick
>

> ------------------------------
> Excuse me, I'm not a professional. Rather than "x", I would use "float_" or
> even "not_int", as mentioned in PEP8:

If a function argument's name clashes with a reserved keyword, it is
      generally better to append a single trailing underscore rather than use
      an abbreviation or spelling corruption.  Thus "print_" is better than

"prnt". (Perhaps better is to avoid such clashes by using a synonym.)

Steven knows his subject, please don't answer like this.

--
if not ErrorMessage:
    check_all()
>>>check_all.__doc__