[Tutor] Passing VARs to Python from PHP & capturing return string

Roy Hinkelman royhink at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 23:11:58 CEST 2010

I got it working.

As several people mentioned, it was a permissions issue. When I tried the
command line, I had admin access, but from the web page, I had only 'Users'.
I had to manually change permissions for both the Python module 'mechanize'
as well as the txt file the script was writing to.

Now, exec() and passthru() are both working, as in, passing the argument to
python and executing the script. Output Buffer (ob), however, is not. I
still need to write to a temp file.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Roy