[Tutor] list dll functions?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Wed Sep 15 11:18:05 CEST 2010

"Alex Hall" <mehgcap at gmail.com> wrote

> Out of curiosity: I know I can call dll functions from python using
> the win32 lib, but is there any way to simply "examine" a loaded dll
> to see all of the functions and attributes it exposes for use?

There are various tools around to do that and hopefully some
documentation!

But often nowadays DLLs expose a COM object model and
you have a COM browser built into Pythonwin. That will give
you a windows explorer type view of the objects and their
operations.

If the DLL is purely perocedural then that won't help.

HTH,

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site