[Tutor] Issues In Terminal

Marc Tompkins marc.tompkins at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 00:18:30 CEST 2010

On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 3:04 PM, David Hutto <smokefloat at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Pretty sure it's the parentheses, but I'm not an expert. In python 3 you
> use
> > print(), in 2.6 you either use import from __futur__ or print "string
> here".
>
> I mean __future__ .

The parentheses are optional in 2.6, mandatory in 3.  In 2.6, print and
print() are alternate ways to invoke the print statement; in 3 the print
statement has been replaced by the print() function.  If you want to use the
function instead of the statement, you must do this:

from __future__ import print_function

 but I'm pretty sure that's not the OP's issue.

--
www.fsrtechnologies.com