[Tutor] I am looking for a book on Beginners who never programmedbefore or have no experience in programming

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Tue Sep 28 11:50:31 CEST 2010

"Preetinder Singh" <putjatt at yahoo.com> wrote

> copying someone else. So if there any book or online tutorials for
> complete
> beginners. I went to the python website and on wiki python and there
> are so many
> books to choose from, please help me choose one.

There are many because people learn in different ways.
My tutor, for example, focuses on general programming principles and
uses 3
languages to illustrate the points. It also assumes a fair degree of
computer
skills although no previous programming experience. Others take an
example
based approach. Others focus on a feature by feature, in depth
coverage of a
single language. It just depends on how you like to be taught.

My advice would be to pick two or three tutorials from the Non
Programmers
section of the web site, follow a few of the sections in each and see
which seems
most effecftive to you. Stick with that tutor but when you get stuck
refer to the
second best to see how it covers the same topic. If you still can't
understand
ask questions here.

--
Alan Gauld