[Tutor] (sqlite3) Testing if a table has been created.

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Wed Apr 6 19:27:05 CEST 2011

"michael scott" <jigenbakuda at yahoo.com> wrote

> > Is this really a python tutor question?  Oh, well, try this:
> > http://lmgtfy.com/?q=sqlite+test+if+table+exists
>
> My apologies, I was not aware that there were questions I could and
> could not
> ask.

The only issue is whether it is relevant to the group.
Python tutor is about teaching people to program in Python.

SqlLite is in the grey area of acceprtability because although it is
available as part of the Python standard library most questions
tend to be about general SQL issues rather than Python.

In practice straighforward beginner type questions will be answered
here, more SQL specific issues will be redirected to a general SQL
site or to the specific database forum.

> I can have a clearer picture of what a python tutor question is,
> could someone please help me?

Mainly if its about the Python programming language or general
program design type issues it is appropriate here. If it's about
how to use the Python standard library modules (including
accessing SqLite from Python) then thats OK too. The more
you digress into non standard or non Python issues the less
appropriate it is for this list.

HTH,

Alan G.
List moderator