[Tutor] Python 3.2 Install Not Responding To Python Command!!

Nevins Duret duretn at bellsouth.net
Sat Apr 9 03:25:05 CEST 2011

Hello Everyone,

     I recently installed python3.2 by building it from source and
noticed that it may have not been
installed 100% correctly.  When I type:

python

in the Terminal in Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick, I'm noticing that get the error:

bash: /usr/bin/python: is a directory

However, when I type either:

python2.6--then python2.6 launches as before

python3.1--then python3.1 launches

python3 or python3.2--then python 3.2 launches

I just want to be sure that I have python installed correctly.  So far,
everything seems to work, however I think this maybe leading to some
upgrade issues that I am having with my Update Manager.

Best Regards,

Nevins Duret