[Tutor] Python 3.2 Install Not Responding To Python Command!!

Lie Ryan lie.1296 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 07:28:47 CEST 2011

On 04/09/11 11:25, Nevins Duret wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
>     I recently installed python3.2 by building it from source and
> noticed that it may have not been
> installed 100% correctly.

This is probably off topic in python tutor mailing list, better asked on
the main mailing list or Ubuntu mailing list. However..

> When I type:
>
> python
>
> in the Terminal in Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick, I'm noticing that get the error:
>
> bash: /usr/bin/python: is a directory

Yes, your python is not correctly installed, `python` should be a
symbolic link to the system's default python version. Try reinstalling
all python. What's the output of `whereis python` and `echo $PATH`?