[Tutor] how to develop a python exe file in windows using python3.1

Bill Allen wallenpb at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 22:33:21 CEST 2011

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 08:42, ema francis <emafrs at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using python3.1 in windows environment.How can I create a python
> executable file?
> I tried with py2exe package but it is not compatible with python3.1.Isthere any other way...
> pls help me...

cxfreeze works quite well for producing stand-alone Python apps.   The only
issue I have had is the occasional file or files from a third party module
that do not get automatically brought over into the distribution target
folder.   However, in all those cases the error messages when the program
was run gave me enough information to know what files I needed to go copy
from my Python folders over into the distribution folder so it could find
them.   I use cxfreeze regularly for situations that are best served with a
stand-alone Python program.   However, I do recommend carefully evaluating
if you need stand-alone or if installing the interpreter is more
appropriate.  I have found that not every program is best served by being
converted to stand-alone.

http://cx-freeze.sourceforge.net/

Good Luck,
Bill Allen