[Tutor] jenia. cannot install mysqldb

James Mills prologic at shortcircuit.net.au
Thu Apr 21 02:22:08 CEST 2011

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 9:35 AM, ivlev jenia <jenia2009 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I cannot get the mysqldb library to work.
> I'm trying to setup a Django project on Windows 7 using pydev in eclipse.
> There are the files I'm using: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mysql-python/
>
> Now, for the life of me, I cannot get the mysqldb library to work.
> When I try to run the setup file, after the install windows tells me that
> there was a problem during install.
> I pointed the eclipse project to the mysqldb directory with all the
> setup.exe and all the other files.
> Of course it did not help.
> Can someone please help me?

Forgive my lack of experience with WIndows in general;

However you'll likely need the MySQL C libraries
and a compiler of some kind (Visual Studio / C++ ?)
in order to install mysql-python from source...

You're probably better off finding a pre-built binary
distribution (or a pure python lirbary).

Either way, you'll need MySQL install (at the very least mysqlxx.dll
or something)

cheers
James

--