[Tutor] voluntary work :p:

Thomas C. Hicks paradox at pobox.com
Tue Apr 26 00:56:38 CEST 2011

On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 15:09:02 -0400
Rafael Durán Castañeda <rafadurancastaneda at gmail.com> wrote:

> I recommend you visit
> www.pythonchallenge.com<http://www.pythonchallenge.com>
>
> On 25/04/11 20:42, Wolf Halton wrote:
> "Learn Python the Hard Way" is pretty cool.  I am always looking for
> books that lay it out well.  Thanks for mentioning it, and good luck
> with your studies.  I find that having a project that is a little
> beyond me helps me get better at coding.
>
> -Wolf
>
> On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 1:33 PM, Alan Gauld
> <alan.gauld at btinternet.com<mailto:alan.gauld at btinternet.com>> wrote:
>
> "Edgar Almonte" <samudhio at gmail.com<mailto:samudhio at gmail.com>> wrote
>

> is i want learn i read a bit and do some exercises but i am the kind
> of ppl that need saw the path that will walk so
> need a route and a little of guide to keep going ,
>
> Have you looked at the python web site? There is a
> whole section dedicated to tutorials for people who
> have never programmed before. Take a look at a few
> and choose the one you like - ie the one that aseems
> to make most sense to you..
>
> HTH,

I second the recommendation to try out Python Challenge - outstanding
way to learn (at least for me).  Another option is to visit
Sourceforge.net and look for python projects still in development.
Open source pojects seem to always need bug finders and smashers as
well as beta testers and I suspect most any of them would appreciate
free help!

tom