[Tutor] gzip

questions anon questions.anon at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 01:57:51 CEST 2011

Thank you, I didn't realise that was all I needed.
Moving on to the next problem:
I would like to loop through a number of directories and decompress each
*.gz file and leave them in the same folder but the code I have written only
seems to focus on the last folder. Not sure where I have gone wrong.
Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

import gzip
import os

for (path, dirs, files) in os.walk(MainFolder):
    for dir in dirs:
        print "the path and dirs are:", outputfolder
    for gzfiles in files:
        print gzfiles
        if gzfiles[-3:]=='.gz':
            print 'dealing with gzfiles:', dir, gzfiles
            print f_in
            compresseddata=gzip.GzipFile(f_in, "rb")
            f_out=open(f_in[:-3], "wb")