[Tutor] General method for creating a partitioned window

Knacktus knacktus at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 9 18:21:37 CEST 2011

Am 09.08.2011 16:44, schrieb Shwinn Ricci:

> I am using wxPython and OpenGL, although I would prefer to run a script
> in Maya, but this does not seem efficient for what I want to do, since
> maya only allows for 3-D visualization, not simultaneous 2-D/3-D viewing
> (i.e., side-by-side)
>

> On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 7:37 PM, Alan Gauld <alan.gauld at btinternet.com
> <mailto:alan.gauld at btinternet.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 04/08/11 20:52, Shwinn Ricci wrote:
>
>         Say I want one half of a 720 x 480 window be dedicated for
>         creating a
>         2-D structure, and the other half for a 3-D structure. There
>         would be a
>         line 1 or 2 pixels thick straight down the window that would
>         divide the
>         two sectors. How does one go about doing this without creating two
>         separate GUI window frames?

You would need one frame (or widget) with an opengl context with 2
independent viewports. I don't think that's supported by any framework.
You probably have to use two widgets. But that's no problem, as long as
you can use layouts and styles to get the desired appearance of the two
widgets (i.e. to make them appear as one).

I do not have my code with me right