[Tutor] precision?

Walter Prins wprins at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 11:41:35 CEST 2011

Hi

Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> > Thousandth digit??? Python doesn't support floating point numbers with a
> > thousand digits! I think about seventeen is about the limit.

... except of course if you're using an arbitrary precision math package
like mpmath or bigfloat.  (I would've thought the fact that the original
poster even mentions 1000 digits of accuracy might imply that they're
actually using such a library - It would've been better if they'd been
slightly more forthcoming with information about exactly what they're using
and prevented us having to assume and guess, of course.)

Walter