[Tutor] Tkinter: no module named messagebox (brandon w)

Wayne Werner waynejwerner at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 15:07:30 CEST 2011

On Aug 14, 2011 2:12 AM, "Robert Sjoblom" <robert.sjoblom at gmail.com> wrote:

> However, given that Tkinter is such a huge package to begin with, I'd
> say that you should continue to use from Tkinter import *, but be
> aware of what you're doing when you type that, and that there is a
> certain risk of conflicts.

Also, most (all?) Tkinter names are uppercase, such as Button, Label, etc.

Of course I personally I usually do

import Tkinter as tk

Which means I only have to type 3 extra characters, but it removes any
ambiguity - tk.Something had to come from Tkinter, and never something that
I defined.

I suppose it's really all about trade-offs, and what you find works best, or
whatever the prevailing convention is when you're working with others.

-Wayne