[Tutor] Standard way to create debian packages for python programs?

Mac Ryan quasipedia at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 02:37:14 CEST 2011

On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 14:55:19 -0400
"Prasad, Ramit" <ramit.prasad at jpmorgan.com> wrote:

> Have you taken a look at: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/stdeb/0.5.1

Thank you for this. Actually I got the same advice also on my SO
question here: http://stackoverflow.com/q/7110604/146792 at about the
same time you answered me. Good source. [Also the link to the forum
thread was good!]

For the records: the other good piece of advice I received elsewhere was
to look into `Distribute`, a collection of enhancements to `distutils`
that indeed make the creation of setup.py easier for what I want to
achieve. Here's a link to the docs for those interested:
http://packages.python.org/distribute/setuptools.html

Thank you for the support,
/mac