[Tutor] Raw input query (?)

Lisi lisi.reisz at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 19:38:49 CEST 2011

On Thursday 25 August 2011 15:17:04 Alan Gauld wrote:
> On 25/08/11 10:46, Lisi wrote:
> > I copied and ran the following script:
> >
> > multiplier = 12
> >
> > for j in range(1,13):
> >      print "%d x %d = %d" %(j, multiplier, j*multiplier)
> >
> > That ran perfectly and gave me the 12 times table.
> >
> > I then decided that it would be fun to branch out and make teh
> > script "universal", so I wrote and ran:
> >
> > print "Which times table do you want?"
> >
> > multiplier = raw_input ()
>
> I seem to recognise that code :-)
>
> You will find if you fast-forward to the "talking to the user" topic
> that we revisit the multiplication table doing exactly this. You will
> find out what is missing there. :-)

Thanks to all three of you for your input.  I do now understand what is wrong,
but can't work out how to put it right.

I did as you suggested, Dave.  But by the time I was able to get to my
computer and read it, the others' replies had come in.  So I ran it mainly to
learn how to do it.  And I am not entirely sure that I would have understood
the result if I hadn't already known what it was meant to be saying!!

I started to say that I would just have to wait, but on second thoughts I'll
fast forward as suggested, and then go back to do the missing sections.

Lisi