[Tutor] Help with if-elif-else structure

Prasad, Ramit ramit.prasad at jpmorgan.com
Fri Aug 26 17:21:52 CEST 2011

>if roll[0] > 15:
>elif roll[0] <=15:  <--- this is redundant. already checked for > 15 so if here is always <= 15
>    if roll[1] >= 2:
>
>you can change with:
>
>elif roll[1] >= 2:

That is not true. The first one looks at index [0], while the second one is index[1].

>>if roll[0] > 15:
>>   if roll[1] >= 2:
>>       print("Success")
>>   elif roll[2] >= 2:
>>       print("Critical failure!")

This will print "Success" if the first roll is greater than 15 AND second roll is 2 or greater.

It will print "Critical failure!" if the first roll is greater than 15 AND the second roll is less than 2 AND the third roll is 2 or greater.

Ramit

712 Main Street | Houston, TX 77002