[Tutor] Intro

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Mon Aug 29 20:02:29 CEST 2011

On 29/08/11 16:45, Lisi wrote:
> Is it just me, or is this a blatant plug for a specific book, and is it
> therefore Spam?

I think its intended to be a plug for Python rather
than (or as well as) the book :-)

> For what it is worth, I hate all those games.  Alan seems to use address books
> (anyhow initially).  Now I can see the point in that.

To be fair, in the paper edition of my tutor I do use a Games framework
as a second case-study. I then use the framework to build a number
guessing game and a Hangman (and a Mastermind on the CD)...

Games are popular with many beginners especially hobbyists rather
than corporate types :-).

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site