[Tutor] Python Saved the Day

wesley chun wescpy at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 09:51:59 CET 2011

Congrats! I love hearing stuff like this... keep them coming! I'm curious
as to how Python was able to help you get your job done this time (without
going into anything confidential naturally). What was it about the
language? Or was it specific Python modules/packages you used for the
analysis?

Does anyone else have similar stories? (I think I may be biased as I use
Python for everything, trouble or otherwise, so I can't tell the difference
anymore!)

cheers,
-wesley

On Sun, Dec 4, 2011 at 12:45 AM, Mark Lybrand <mlybrand at gmail.com> wrote:

> No question.   Last weekend I buckled down and learned as much Python as I
> could (just because I have had an interest to do so for a while).  When I
> got to work on Monday, there was a serious database issue that needed
> addressing.  As I was trying to assess the situation, I employed Python to
> help me do my data analysis.  I was able to sort through all the issues,
> develop a corrective action plan and verify its accuracy, all in Python.
> Plan was successfully implemented at 6PM today and all is well again. It
> was a good week.
>
> --
> Mark :)

"Core Python", Prentice Hall, (c)2007,2001
"Python Fundamentals", Prentice Hall, (c)2009
    http://corepython.com

wesley.chun : wescpy-gmail.com : @wescpy
http://cyberwebconsulting.com