[Tutor] creating a pie chart in Python

Christopher Spears cspears2002 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 7 19:31:06 CET 2011

I need to create a pie chart that is referenced by a wiki page.  I am impressed with matplotlib.  Any other good libraries out there?

I do need to be able to save the chart as an image file, so it can be linked to the wiki.  My only complaint about matplotlib is that I have not figured out a way to save a graph as an image using a python script.  From what I can tell, you need to save the image interactively through the GUI.  Of course, this might mean that I just do not know a lot about matplotlib.

All suggestions are welcome!
Chris

"I'm the last person to pretend that I'm a radio.  I'd rather go out and be a color television set."
-David Bowie

"Who dares wins"
-British military motto

"There is no such thing as luck; there is only adequate or inadequate preparation to cope with a statistical universe."
-Robert A. Heinlein, "Have Space Suit - Will Travel"

"Why do we fall, sir? So that we might learn to pick ourselves up."
-Alfred Pennyworth, "Batman Begins"