[Tutor] What style do you call Python programming?

Cranky Frankie cranky.frankie at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 02:58:32 CET 2011

I appreciate all the comments in this thread so far, but what I'm
really looking for is what to call the style of programming where you
have no direct branching via line numbers, statement names, and gotos.
I'm finding that lacking these things that I've been familiar with in
other languages is good, in that it forces you to really think through
the best way to organize the logic.

It seems to me that this is such a big departure from traditional
procedural styled programming there ought to be a name for it, other
than structured programming, since you can code that way even with
line numbers, etc.

I'd also be interested in reading the Python history file.

--
Frank L. "Cranky Frankie" Palmeri
Risible Riding Raconteur & Writer