[Tutor] Running a script!

Bulent Arikan bulent.arikan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 07:00:51 CET 2011

Dear List,

I am an absolute beginner to programming and Python. I have Python 2.6.5
and 3.2 running on Mac OS 10.6.8 Snow Leopard. I have self-help books but
the problem I am having is not described in any of them. The answer may be
too obvious though. I am using IDLE: I figured that I could call Idle by
typing its name on the Terminal instead of launching it from the
Applications –WOW! big step ;)) When I save a script as (.py) document, I
do not know how to 'run' it since the IDLE (2.6 or 3.2) menus do not have
RUN option (as they describe in the books I have). I understand that I may
have to type a command to run the script on the Terminal but I could not
find a specific command. It also seemed strange to me that there was not a
shortcut in Mac OS to run scripts unlike Windows.

Thank you for your time and help,

--
BÜLENT