[Tutor] while loops

rog capp beetlebane at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 23:41:24 CET 2011

# Guess my number
#
# The computer picks a random number between 1 and 100
# The player tries to guess it and the computer lets
# the player know  if the guess is to high, to low
# or right on the money

import random

print("\tWelcome to 'Guess My Number'!")
print("I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 100.")
print("Try to guess it in as few attempts as possible.\n")

# set the initial values
the_number = random.randint(1,100)
guess = int(input("Take a guess: "))
tries = 1

# Guessing loop
while  guess != the_number:

    if guess > the_number:
        print("Lowere...")
    else:
        print("Higher...")

    guess = int(input("Take a guess: "))
    tries += 1

print("good job")

input("\n\nPress the enter key to exit.")

This is a program from "Python for the absulute beginner(which I am).
End of the chapter is a challenge that asks me to limit the number of
guesses the player gets.
If he/she fails to guess the number after a certain number of attempts
then it displays a message
about his failure.It needs to be a while loop cause it the topic I'm
at.Can anyone give me some help
on where to put the loop.When i put it in with the "if
guess>the_number" loop, the program either
prints higher or lower continuously(continuous loop I imagine) or it
gives me the answer whether its
right or wrong after a couple guesses.Any help will be appreciated.