[Tutor] A few Python Mysteries [Reset]

Wayne Watson sierra_mtnview at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 22 17:14:15 CET 2011

I just searched the registry for the dll. Nothing. I then searched for
python. It found a a Python "folder" with a PythonCore folder. Under it
are three folders: 2.5, 2.7 and 3.2.  I do recall installing 3.2, but
I'm pretty sure I uninstalled it. Under each of the three folders is
Module.  Looking at the contents shows only default (name) REG_SZ (type)
for each. Nothing else.

OK,in scrolling around I see another Python "folder" and PythonCore
under it, and subfolders 2.7 and 3.2.  Under 2.7 are the subfolders
Help, InstallPath, Modules, PythonPath. For 3.2, just an empty Modules.
All of these are under SOFTWARE. The first set of three is under
WOW6432Node, which is under SOFTWARE.

Interesting, but it doesn't reveal much to me.

For more fun, I searched for idle. It's buried under Interface, and the
entry is REG_SZ with value idlesettings.