[Tutor] A few Python Mysteries [Reset]

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Thu Dec 22 23:34:01 CET 2011

On 22/12/11 19:08, Wayne Watson wrote:

> IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
> 'C:\\Users\\Wayne\\.idlerc\\recent-files.lst'
> -------------------------
> Maybe as I pointed out a few msgs ago here the permissions shown on
> Properties looked a bit odd.

But the problem here is with .idlerc in your home directory.

Can you find that file and ensure that read/write permissions
are set? It may be a hidden file so you might have to tweak
the View settings.

.idelrc is presumably where Idle stores your local config settings.
Although I confess I never noticed it when I used Windows. But then I
probably never had a need to notice it!

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site