[Tutor] Wading through traceback output

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Mon Dec 26 13:10:45 CET 2011

On 26/12/11 11:42, Thomas C. Hicks wrote:

Given it was working before and not now the obvious question is what has
changed? It looks like you are on a Linux box so do you have automatic
updates switched on? Or do you always just accept the recommendation to
update?

In which case try looking at the modification dates of the
library files....

Also has the verion of Excel used to create the files changed?

It looks like the point that the program leaves your code is here:

>    File "./cttOverviewMain.0.03.2011.py", line 183, in writeMonthlyHeader
>      sh.write(7,10,"# Locations",xlwt.easyxf('font: bold True'))

So that points the finger at the xlwt module. If it has been updated has
the format of that call changed - to a dictionary/tuple of values for
example?

These are all guesses but might give you a starting point.

Incidentally cttOverviewMain.0.03.2011.py seems like a bizarre
name for a file? I assume that's the date or somesuch? What is the
thinking behind that?

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site