[Tutor] Need Help in installing MySQLdb-Python

Victor Binns vic_prof at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 1 01:18:46 CET 2011

I have Python 2.6.3

I went to the following link http://pypi.python.org/pypi/
Found - file (MySQL-python 1.2.3)

clicked on file - clicked on (MySQL-python-1.2.3.tar.gz)

unzipped the file in a created folder

clicked on the file called setup.py

following ERROR:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\victor\Desktop\mysql-python\MySQL-python-1.2.3\setup.py", line 15, in <module>
    metadata, options = get_config()
  File "C:\Users\victor\Desktop\mysql-python\MySQL-python-1.2.3\setup_windows.py", line 7, in get_config
    serverKey = _winreg.OpenKey(_winreg.HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, options['registry_key'])
WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified

I read the READ ME file

I do not understand it ...

I need some step by step on how to install this.

What I am trying to do is create a window in which I input data which is stored and updated on MySQL.
MySQL is on a paid server (Yahoo).

any books or documentation or help would be greatly appreciated.

Victor