[Tutor] Need Help in installing MySQLdb-Python

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Tue Feb 1 01:39:24 CET 2011

"Victor Binns" <vic_prof at hotmail.com> wrote

> I have Python 2.6.3

Congratulatons SqlLite should already be installed as part
of the standard library.

Try:

>>> import sqlite3 as sql

> clicked on the file called setup.py

I usually run setup manually rarther than double click...

>     serverKey = _winreg.OpenKey(_winreg.HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,
>
> options['registry_key'])
> WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified
>
> I read the READ ME file
>
> I do not understand it ...

:-)

Try importing sqlite as above, you may find you don;t need to
install anything extra!

For a quick tutorial on using Sqlite from Python try the Databases
topic in my tutorioal (Version 2 only for now)

HTH,

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site