[Tutor] Need help on Setup.py

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Tue Feb 1 09:04:25 CET 2011

"Victor Binns" <vic_prof at hotmail.com> wrote
> I have been trying to add some of the extras with python
> such as pywin32 and others.
> when i click on setup.py it does not work. I need help on the
> problem.

"It does not work" is pretty vague, can you give more specifics?
How are you running it? What error messages do you get?
What is the end state - is anything installed and if so where?

Also, is there a reason you are using setup.py for pywin32?
That is normally installed as a binary installer. See here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/files/pywin32/Build%20214/

There is an exe file for most Python versions...

Although I just noticed that a zip file including the source seems
to be the default option if you just hit the big geen button...

HTH,

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site