[Tutor] print "Hello, World!"

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Thu Feb 3 12:07:06 CET 2011

"michael scott" <jigenbakuda at yahoo.com> wrote

> already been asked, learn from others who asked before you :) Oh
> yea, I once
> read that there are no intermediate tutorials in any programming
> language,
> because once you get past the basics, you only need to reference the
> "documentation" that comes with the language.

Thats very nearly true. There are intermediate level tutorials for a
few
languages but more generally you get subject specific tutorials on
things like parsing, web programming, GUI programming, databases,
networking, stats and scientific programming etc etc.

So there are usually intermediate level tutorials to suit they are
rarely
full language tutorials.

I try to cover that off with the advanced topics and "Python in
practice"
topics at the end of my tutorial. But again they are focused on
specific
topic areas (OS, database, networks, web).

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site