[Tutor] Python + Sound

David Hutto smokefloat at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 16:32:03 CET 2011

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 4:43 AM, Alan Gauld <alan.gauld at btinternet.com> wrote:

> "David Hutto" <smokefloat at gmail.com> wrote
>
>> and what is sound, electromagnetically transmitted, then turned into
>> ones and zeroes.
>
> Just to be picky sound is mechanical waves not electromagnetic.
> The ear is primarily a mechanical device.

I meant after your voice speaks(sound waves to em), and before it
vibrates the speaker(em to sound).

> Audio is the more general term to describe signalling which
> represents sound. And audio can be transmitted as electromagnetic
> waves. The other big thing about audio is that it is analog not digital.
>
> So to represent a binary digital signal using audio you need to
> define one audio signal frequency for 1 and another for 0.
>
> HTH,
>
> --
> Alan Gauld
> Author of the Learn to Program web site
> http://www.alan-g.me.uk/

According to theoretical physics, the division of spatial intervals as
the universe evolves gives rise to the fact that in another timeline,
your interdimensional counterpart received helpful advice from me...so
be eternally pleased for them.