[Tutor] remote code execution

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Tue Feb 15 20:26:02 CET 2011

"S de Haan" <kyronoth at gmail.com> wrote

> I was wondering if there is a IDE or another environment that allows
> me to
> execute python code from my desktop computer on remote servers
> within
> my LAN without having to move the python files to and from the
> server.

So you have the Python interpreter on a server and you are
working on scripts stored on a PC on the network? Since you
mention Linux for the server can we assume Linux for the
PC too?

Can you mount the PC folder on the server? If so its just a case of
running a ssh session on the server and accessing the mount.

Otherwise it would be much easier to mount a server folder
on your PC and edit the files there.  Then you can use ssh to
run both interpreter and scripts on the server...

But I can't help asking, why not just install a local version
of Python? Is there a lot of bespoke shared code on the server
or somesuch?

Alan G.