[Tutor] accessing another system's environment

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Thu Feb 24 10:00:12 CET 2011

"Bill Allen" <wallenpb at gmail.com> wrote

>I know that I can use the following to get a listing of the
>environment of
> my own system.   How can I do similar for another system on my
> network.
> This is for administrative purposes.

Environments are user and process specific so you would need to
access the remote machine, access the user account, connect
to the specific process and then run the environment check.

It rarely makes any sense unless its the user themselves
doing the check.

I assume there is a greater requirement at the bavk of this?
What exactly is it you are trying to find out? There may be a better
way.

HTH,

--
Alan Gauld