[Tutor] Cross-Module Interaction

Walter Prins wprins at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 12:05:57 CET 2011

On 26 February 2011 05:33, Corey Richardson <kb1pkl at aim.com> wrote:

> I'm slightly concerned about performance when it comes to
> reading/writing to disk a lot when doing things like that, since if this
> thing ever needs to scale I want it to be able to do that.

I'd be tempted to say you should not be worrying about such performance
issues at this stage.  Remember what Knuth said, "... premature optimization
is the root of all evil"  Suffice it to say you can push rather large
amounts of disk I/O with Python, and you can always come up with creative
caching systems or whatever once you get that far along and it proves to be
a problem.

Walter