[Tutor] Running Existing Python

Justin Bonnell jwbonnell5 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 22:10:15 CET 2011

On Feb 26, 2011, at 4:49 AM, Dave Angel wrote:

> On 01/-10/-28163 02:59 PM, Justin Bonnell wrote:
>> Okay. When I try to run the script from the terminal, it still doesn't work. Here is a screenshot.
>>

>> What am I doing wrong?
>>
> 1) You're top-posting.  Put your responses after the quote you're responding to.
--Okay. I'm pretty new to this so most of my responses were just general questions rather than specific responses.

> 2) You're trying to include graphical images in a text-based newsgroup.  Just use copy/paste, and include it in your message.
--Got it. I will do that from now on.

> 3) You don't tell us where the hello.py file actually is.  Presumably it's not in the current directory when you run that.  Two cures for that:  either specify its real location,
>     python   ~/mysources/hello.py

--This is the location of the file:

	/jwbonnell/bin/Python 2.7/Extras/Demo/tkinter/guido/hello.py

but it still says it cannot find the directory when I try to run it or cd to it. Is there any way that I can tell which directory the shell is currently working from?