[Tutor] numpy import failure

Bill Allen wallenpb at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 15:52:08 CET 2011

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 22:45, Ezra Kahn <ewedub at u.washington.edu> wrote:

> I am a total newb, learning to ween myself off of Matlab.  I am working off
> of EPD6.1, and I cannot get numpy to import.  Python keeps sending me back
> this:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in <module>
>    import numpy
> ImportError: No module named numpy
>
> Ezra,

You did not mention that you installed the numpy package.   Numpy is not
included in the standard distribution of Python and may not be in other
distributions.   You likely need to install the numpy package first.
However, how and which numpy package to install depends on the answers to
the questions that Alan posed.

--Bill