[Tutor] Multiples python files

Christopher Brookes chris.klaitos at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 14:33:50 CET 2011

Hi, first sorry for my poor english, i'm a french guy, i'm trying to make
the best :(

I would like to split my python script into multiples files.
I want :
A file which contains only class creations and methods,
A file with some personals functions
And a main.py which is the main script.

But i'm getting some problems
In class creation file, i've a init method which create a character  (it
works).
They are created in main.py like this :

herosAll = [
 Character(1,"Antaa","Soldat moins fort",15,5,8),
 Character(2,"Klaitos","Soldat moins fort",15,5,8)]

But when i want to display all information about my character with :

class Character():
    def DisplayAll():
        print ('There is', Character.CharacterCount, 'heros')
        for heros in herosAll:
            heros.DisplayCharacterInfos()

I'm getting :

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "main.py", line 28, in <module>
    Character.DisplayAll()
  File "/home/christopher/class_creation.py", line 53, in DisplayAll
    for heros in herosAll:
NameError: global name 'herosAll' is not defined

I know the source of the problem. The list herosAll is declared in main.py
so he can't access to it. But i'm stuck here. How can he get it ?
Have I to append the list in the init method ?

Thank you for ready.

--
Brookes Christopher.