[Tutor] print stack traces not caused by errors

Alex Hall mehgcap at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 17:26:16 CET 2011

Hi all,
I am coming along quite nicely with Solitaire (sans graphics).
However, I am getting some odd behavior, and I would like to see what
is calling what so I can see where things are going wrong. It is not
causing an error to print a traceback, but it is not doing what I
expected at all. I tried the pdb module, but I am running a wx program
so it is not helping. I tried:
python -m pdb c:\prog\solitaire\game.py

It gave me a prompt after my imports, so I typed "continue", and then
I saw nothing except the errors I knew I would get when I
intentionally hit some wrong keys. However, the behavior I was hoping
to track triggers nothing, and pdb said nothing else until I closed
the wx window. Is there a way to constantly track the stack of calls,
preferably with arguments? TIA.

--
Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from GMail website)