[Tutor] Python on Ubuntu 10.10?

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Sat Jan 15 23:21:32 CET 2011

Sean Carolan wrote:

> Bite the bullet and learn how to use vim; you won't regret it.
> There's a steep learning curve at first but once you get the hang of
> it you'll be coding like a boss.

Well, I don't know about you, but I've worked for a number of bosses
over the years and only one of them could code *at all*, and that not
very well. So I'd rather program like a programmer, not a boss, and for
that, I find kwrite and kate are just what I'm looking for. (If only
they would support plugins written in Python, as gedit does, I'd be set
for life.)

In any case, fi on your vim. Ed is the only standard text editor:

http://www.gnu.org/fun/jokes/ed.msg.html

--
Steven