[Tutor] (no subject)

bob gailer bgailer at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 00:15:46 CET 2011

On 1/19/2011 4:09 PM, Jacob Bender wrote:
> Dear tutors,
>
>     I'm writing a program that can play Othello. Everything has been
> going fine, but there is a frequently occurring problem with printing
> the board with the squares filled in. Here's the code for the board:
Emile gave you the answer.

A couple of other matters:

Please always provide a meaningful subject. We track discussions by
subject, and can ignore those that fall outside our interest / expertise.

Read the documentation before posting. You will find

"If /format/ requires a single argument, /values/ may be a single
non-tuple object. [4] Otherwise, /values/ must be a tuple with exactly
the number of items specified by the format string, or a single mapping
object (for example, a dictionary)."

An easier way to create the list: self.board = [" "]*64

--
Bob Gailer
919-636-4239