[Tutor] Telephone app

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Mon Jan 24 00:28:05 CET 2011

bob gailer wrote:
> On 1/23/2011 4:04 PM, David Hutto wrote:
[...]
> I guess you want to take the line that comes to you from your local
> telco, stick something computer-wise between it and an ordinary analog
> phone, so the computer can receive and process the caller id from an
> incoming call, and also ensure that the caller id appears on the phone
> itself, and use the computer to dial numbers (NOT known as caller id).

Folks, this question has nothing to do with Python and is off-topic for
this list. Can you all take it off-list please?

There are probably communities on the Internet or Usenet that are
interested in low-level telecommunications protocols and devices. We
don't go there to talk about Python, please don't stay here talking
about their areas of expertise.

Thank you.

--
Steven