[Tutor] ArcGis 10 support materials for Python

saxon piggott saxontrack at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 24 10:28:24 CET 2011

Hello,

I was wondering if there is any information anywhere on the use of Python scripts (How to..) for ESRIs ArcGIS 10? or alternatively, if ESRI press or perhaps some other publisher has released a book that details obect oriented programming (presumably with Python scripting) for ArcGIS 10?

A simialr book exists for VBA for ArcGIS 9 called Getting To Know ArcObjects released by Robert Burke for ESRI. However I cannot find a dedicated Python text or site for ArcGIS 9 or 10 anywhere.  Its a bit of a problem as ArcGIS is phasing out VBA which is no longer available in version 10.

Any help locating a relevent publication would be greatly appreciated as I can find very little information for this on the Esri site.

Best regards,
Saxon Piggott