[Tutor] ideas for a simple program

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Wed Jan 26 01:51:36 CET 2011

ian douglas wrote:
> With an Email address like "hacker0100", your best bet might be to do
> what we told another user just a few days ago:

Ha ha, it's funny how different people interpret email addresses
differently. *I* look at an email address "hacker0100" and think
"wannabe". No offense Walter.

> Find an open-source project, and try to add a new feature to it, or fix
> a bug in it. That way you learn about the language, the project, and
> could get your name out there as a contributor if your changes are
> accepted by the original author.

If you're contributing to open source projects for the credit, or to
become famous, you're probably going to be disappointed.

However, if you contribute bug reports or tests to this project, I can
promise that the project owner will give you credit in the next release :)

http://code.google.com/p/pycalcstats/

--
Steven