[Tutor] Facebook

Christopher King g.nius.ck at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 18:06:13 CET 2011

Well actually I got it working now. I used the library from
https://github.com/facebook/python-sdk/. It said you had to create an app,
which I didn't want to do. That is, to get the access token. An access token
is what gives me the right to look at peoples profile.

    What I found, was an app already made, in which I can edit the html to
have it request any permission I want it to, and then give me the access
token for my own programs. Its let's you save the code in a permalink. He is
my code: http://fbrell.com/saved/6b455533f5f2c124cdc74a635d09cbd4. It will
not work by itself, so you must slightly edit it. Where it says, put
permissions here, type what permissions you want the token to
have, separated by commas, and click run code. Then click the button. A list
of request-able permissions are here:
http://developers.facebook.com/docs/authentication/permissions/. I've tested
it, and its cool. I posted to my wall from facebook!