[Tutor] open linux file browser from nuke python script

Pete O'Connell pedrooconnell at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 12:42:36 CET 2011

Hi, I am trying to get a python script to open up a file browser window with
the location of a folder. I am using kubuntu 10.04.
The string that gets created works fine if I paste it into a shell eg:
'kde-open path/to/the/sequence',
but it doesn't seem to want to run from within my interpreter using either
subprocess.Popen or os.system
For the first argument I have tried 'kde-open', 'konqueror', and a few
others that all work fine in the shell but not in my interpreter.
Here is what my script looks like:
####################################
import nuke
import subprocess
def showFolder():
    subprocess.Popen(['kde-open', 'path/to/the/sequence'])
showFolder()
I must to run it from a specific interpreter (Nuke, the compositing
software)
Anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong? Can anyone suggest a
workaround?
Pete